Village des métiers de bouche
1 Village, 6 professions represented
This year, the Food Trade Village adds a new dimension. Professionals from the French ‘Association des Métiers de Bouche’ invite you to come and discover their profession and know-how with a series of demonstrations by artisans and holders of the Meilleur Ouvriers de France distinction.
Professional organisations for bakers, cheesemongers, fishmongers, pastry chefs, fine food caterers, pork butchers, and butchers will highlight their trades, addressing the following themes:
- Inform /Guide: Inform on the different product offerings and labels. PDO, product categories and information on the different production methods. The demonstrations will offer a great opportunity to get to better know the market.
- Green: Bio production and animal wellbeing are part of the new trends. Come and discover how artisans adapt to the new requirements and mobilise their efforts in this respect.
- MOF skills: Ancestral skills that have contributed to assert the reputation of French cuisine. Presented and explained by holders of the MOF distinction, the ultimate recognition of French savoir-faire.
- Locavorism: Farmer-suppliers and Chefs join forces to highlight and explain the importance of their work with respect to the quality of the products and the advantage of local sourcing for the environment.
- Reinventing: New recipes or revisited classics, the art of modernising cooking.
- Sharing, in association with UMIH: In cooking products are mixed and combined. An encounter between the professional organisation and ‘Union des Métiers et des Industries de l'Hôtellerie’.
Interaction and sharing of know-how are at the heart of the artisan trade. The demonstrations and exchanges with the different professions transform the Food Service Trades Village into an actual showcase for the trades in French artisanship.
The demonstrations are animated by Chef Grégory CUILLERON