Sirha 2019: A great success for business and emotions!
Wednesday 30th January 2019, Sirha - the major event for Food Service worldwide - closed its doors after 5 days packed with fruitful encounters, exchanges and innovations, but also rich in emotions for the first edition held in the absences of Monsieur Paul. The trade fair once again reported record-breaking attendance with 225,031 professionals visitors (+8.22% compared with 2017), including 30,581 international visitors.
Sirha proved popular from the very first day. In a booming and constantly changing Food Service environment the trade fair consolidated its status as the leader event. Visitors instantly found the blend of business that is so typical to Sirha. A total of 225,031 professionals, including 30,581 internationals came together during 5 days, from January 26th to 30th, 2019, in an exhibition hall increased by 10,000 sqm for the occasion (140,000 sqm in total), including the new hall 7 that also proved very popular. A growth of 17 000 visitors vs last edition, ie “the equivalent of 33 TGV trains” as mentioned by Olivier Ginon, CEO of GL events and organizer of the event on the final day.
Exhibitors were also on the rise - 3,770 exhibitors and brands (vs 2,984 in 2017) including 28% internationals - and were highly satisfied with the attendance and quality of the visitors, many of whom were new French and international prospects, as well as executive decision makers and purchasers
@Photos : Diph photography
sirha 2019 IN FIGURES
- 225,031 professionals (+8,22% vs 2017) including 30,581 international
- 3,770 exhibitors and brands (including 28% international exhibitors)
- 140,000 sqm distributed over 7 halls
- 41 international pavilions - 12 regional pavilions
- 24 contests and animations
- 17 tonnes of food donated to the Food Bank
- 3 tonnes of bio-waste recycled by Aremacs
- 1 083 new products presented, including 329 World premieres and 189 European premieres