Trends, innovation, business, energy and creativity brought together at Sirha 2013!
- Download the press kit!
- Download the press release / report 2013!
- Watch the most beautiful pictures of Sirha!
New products and innovations
631 new products, including 233 exclusive world and European premieres from all activity sectors were presented at the exhibition. The Sirha Innovation Awards were given out to 12 companies whose dynamism and ingenuity were singled out amongst more than 120 candidates.
Exceptional culinary competitions
The International Catering Cup, which opened Sirha, was won by Spain, in front of France and Luxembourg.
14 other competitions dedicated to specific food trades and catering types gave the tempo to the 5-day exhibition and involved 275 contestants.
The first Sirha World Cuisine Summit was a success
The first Sirha World Cuisine Summit conference was organised on 28 January in Lyon. It brought together more than 700 participants, under the honorary presidency of Paul Bocuse and in the presence of Guillaume Garot, French Minister of state in the Ministry of Agriculture, responsible for nutrition aspects. Packed with debates and video presentations and chaired by prestigious speakers, this day won over participants thanks to its visionary, concrete and thought-provoking aspects.
Key Sirha 2013 figures
- 2,980 exhibitors and brands, including 21% exhibitors from outside France
- 185,450 professional visitors (14% increase compared to 2011), including 23,409 from 138 countries outside France
- 18,715 chefs from 86 countries
- 631 new products, including 233 exclusive world premieres
- 800 journalists from France and all over the world
- More than 1,500 product demonstrations per day on exhibitor stands
- 17 competitions - 345 contestants – 46 awards
- 14 tonnes of food given to the food bank by exhibitors
- 50 unprecedented demonstrations presented on the Food Studio area in 5 days
- 112 Caketoy'z created by 32 designers, pastry-makers and chocolate-makers
- More than 1,000 meals served at the Sixième Sens restaurant in 5 days
- 38 reports on Sirha TV and 39 round tables involving 120 speakers
- 608,000 hits and 5.5 million pages seen on www.sirha.com in a year
- 6,000 Facebook fans and more than 8,000 downloads of the Sirha app' for smartphones
- 170 meetings with international buyers or experts in the international development area
- More than 200 dishes tasted by members of the Bocuse d'Or and Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie juries.
- 15 km of aisles – 50 km of electrical and audio cables – 4,000 people on site during assembly of stands